Saturday, February 2, 2013

First Project

I didn't sew this in my sewing room.  I actually made this dress before my sewing room was complete--sewn right on my kitchen table! After I cut out the fabric, it only took me a few hours to piece together.  Since it was my first project in a long time, I had some problems with the drawstring underneath the bodice.

Remember that old stash I mentioned in my last post?  Well, this antique Hawaiian print was salvaged out of there.  I couldn't bear to donate it.  I found this summer pattern, and thought why not?  Unfortunately, the fabric is polyester, and really warm to wear.  Ironically, it's this Hawaiian print that's probably too warm to wear in Hawaii.  It looks great on, but I've found no occasion here to wear it.  Too warm for the summers, and too summery in style for the Winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment